[Herbalist] Manual de Mujeres online

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Dec 11 10:00:12 PST 2001

> I do want to check up on it, 'cause I've already found a couple
> discrepancies on numbers for quantities, which could alter how the recipes
> come out...  I'm not sure if they are from translation differences, or
> perhaps from differences in the source of the original text.

I've been watching the translation project from afar, and I think that
under no circumstances should you use the numbers from babelfish, since
the translations are not only not that great, but 400 years out of date
for the text and probably in the wrong dialect.

Babelfish is ok if you just want to get a vague sense of what something
might be about, but given a choice between machine translation and
translation by someone who knows the language and is a bit familiar with
the subject, machine translation almost always loses.

-----
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"My silences had not protected me.  Your silences will not protect
you....  What are the words you do not yet  have?  What are the tyrannies
you swallow day by day and attempt to make your own, until you will
sicken and die of  them, still in silence?" -- Audre Lourde