HERB - Re: herbalist V1 #574

wormtongues@mindspring.com wormtongues at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 22 08:41:48 PST 2001

Greetings good gentles...

Cecille de Baskervyl here with a question.....

If you had a cold or the flu during the Middle Ages, what was the name given for this condition?

In other words...Does anyone know what the Medieval synonyms for "Cold" and "Flu" might have been?

I can only find the words catarrh and consumption(T.B. ?).

Thank You,

Cecille

Download the Lord of the Rings Desktop at http://www.lordoftherings.net