HERB - Chives

Ray Nevin nevray at netspace.net.au
Tue Jan 23 20:48:22 PST 2001

I am delurking in the hope someone can suggest something

In my garden I had a two feet long by about 9 inch wide strip of chives in
my garden. I went out into my garden after being away for a weekend and went
out into my garden to find  I had a patch of chives the size of my palm
left. The rest were all wilted like they had not been watered for a week and
have since turned to straw. The garden has been in fact been watered on
aregular basis (we are having a hot dry summer) and the patch thats left is
in the middle of it and is covered in little tiny black bugs.

Suggestions as to what the culprit is and preventative measures so I know
now what it is next time please.

Sigh. It was looking great, the plants have just matured and everything was
growing well.

Elizabet de Meyham
Bryn-a-Mor
Lochac