[Herbalist] take a chill pill....

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 14:22:17 PDT 2001

Thank you, the members who spoke up about this.

If I can get my life organized, I'm going to start sending a new member's
letter as people subscribe.  I suspect we have more than a few people
subscribed who aren't entirely aware of precisely what this list is.  I'm
considering the following as the introduction letter, please comment
(additions, changes, think my writing's lousy <G>).....

Raisya Khorivovna

Welcome!
The Herbalist mailing list is a mailing list and discussion group about
period herbalism run for and by Ansteorran VOLUNTEER members of the Society
for Creative Anachronism, though it is not an official aspect in any form of
the SCA.  However it is open to anyone interested in Herbalism. I take a
liberal view about off-topic discussions.

The only advertisements allowed are brief mentions by members that they have
available herbal products, allowed by consensus of the members.  Behavior on
the list is to be respectful and polite. Persistent misbehavior will result
in removal and blocking from the list, an action, I'm please to say, that has
not been necessary in the 3+ years this list has existed, other than blocking
SPAM. You should be aware that SPAM is, unfortunately, a hazard of the
virtual world.  I try to report all incidents to the server manager, and
actions are taken to try to prevent a recurrance.

Your HerbaList Administrator
Raisya Khorivovna
Shire of Shadowlands
Kingdom of Ansteorra