[Herbalist] take a chill pill....

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 15:45:15 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/12/2001 3:27:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
RAISYA at aol.com writes:

> Welcome!
> period herbalism run for and by Ansteorran VOLUNTEER members of the Society
> for Creative Anachronism, though it is not an official aspect in any form of
> the SCA.  However it is open to anyone interested in Herbalism. I take a
> liberal view about off-topic discussions.
>
> The only advertisements allowed are brief mentions by members that they have
> available herbal products, allowed by consensus of the members.  Behavior on
> the list is to be respectful and polite. Persistent misbehavior will result
> in removal and blocking from the list, an action, I'm please to say, that
> has
> not been necessary in the 3+ years this list has existed, other than
> blocking
> SPAM. You should be aware that SPAM is, unfortunately, a hazard of the
> virtual world.  I try to report all incidents to the server manager, and
> actions are taken to try to prevent a recurrance.
>
> Your HerbaList Administrator
> Raisya Khorivovna
> Shire of Shadowlands
> Kingdom of Ansteorra
> Raisya at aol.com

If I may make a suggestion?

I would suggest adding a few words to the sentence  "The only advertisements
allowed are brief mentions by members that they have
available herbal products, allowed by consensus of the members."

I would suggest it read "...that they have available herbal products or
referring people to herb suppliers they have used, allowed ..."  the reason
for this addition being that I have seen and have used referrals from people
on this list to find good suppliers.  In fact, in my mind, there is no better
referral than a happy customer on this list. ;)

Lady Constance de la Rose