[Herbalist] Aloh

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Mon Jul 30 09:44:47 PDT 2001

I realize you're advised to let them pop on their own.  I admit that I
usually get impatient with that advice, particularly because I can
control how sterile the environment is when popping them myself.
However, the blister in question has already popped on it's own, and I
stand by the rest of my advice, which is basically what you're saying -
dry dressing, don't cover it after it's popped and dry.  But, infections
are a problem even for people with "normal" immune systems.  They may
not be as common, but they are far from unheard of.  I've a friend who
took all the normal blister precautions, and ended up leaving Pennsic
early two years ago because of a badly infected blister.  And she has no
immune problems.

-M