[Herbalist] Aloh

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:31:55 PDT 2001

Actually, you're not supposed to pop blisters - the fluid is a protectant.
Once you pop it, you increase the risk of infection. And fungi aren't really
a problem for people w/ "normal" immune systems - it's those of us with
chronic diseases that have to worry about them, and even then they're rare
in something like that.

The best thing to do with blisters is to stop whatever caused it (like
changing shoes if it's a friction blister) and cover it with a sterile, dry
dressing like gauze (or even a bandaid until you can get home and clean it).
Once they've popped (ON THEIR OWN) or the fluid has reabsorbed, you don't
even need to cover it.

Mary/Katerine
(a Type I diabetic of 21+ years who still has all of her fingers and toes,
but plenty of foot calluses that started out as blisters)