[Herbalist] warts

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Tue Jun 5 16:57:14 PDT 2001

Well, your best bet is a wart charmer, but they were getting scarce when
I was growing up way back in the hills, so you may not be able to find
one...

My grandmother said to rub the wart every day (twice a day if possible)
with castor oil.  Wart should be gone in a month.  Start at the full moon
is better (today is a full moon).  This also works for ganglionic cysts,
as I found out from experience.

Several years ago I read an article from a medical journal (I forget
where) that a dermatologist had discovered a "new" remedy for warts -
rubbing them with castor oil!

Castor oil can usually be gotten at the drug store or sometimes the
grocery in the first aid section.  It is good for the skin in general.
Gerard recommends it under the name "kik" or "oleum kikinum" (not sure of
the spelling - too lazy to look it up just now).

Let us know what works.
Suzanna, herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra (Dallas,
TX)