[Herbalist] Critters in my bonsai

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Sat Jun 9 05:42:01 PDT 2001

Greetings Dhubdara,

I'm really no expert in plant infestations, so take this for what it's worth.
Based on what you've told us about your plant, I believe your little bonsai
has had an attack of spider mites. There are tons of recipes, some on the
web, that detail homemade concoctions you can create to control these
kinds of infestations. My favorite product, however, is called  Hot Pepper
Wax. Hot Pepper Wax is made from high grade wax combined with Cayenne
Pepper concentrate. When diluted with water it effectively repels aphids,
spider mites, thrips, leaf miners, and more. It is safe to use on all plants.
You can find them on the web at

http://www.hotpepperwax.com/

and maybe that site can direct you to a distributor or dealer who sells it
near you. I've found it at hardware stores and comprehensive garden stores
before. There are also places online from which you can order the product
or similar products, if you're interested.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your plant!

Iasmin