[Herbalist] Autumn Herbal Event / Classes / Symposium?

Wes Will wwill at globaleyes.net
Sat Jun 16 13:26:27 PDT 2001

Greetings.

Our local group has only two herbalists in it - me and my wife.  We're
hoping to fix this, and we've come up with a possible way that will also
give us a solution to another problem that has cropped up.

Our shire has held an event in October for a lot of years now.  Most years
in the recent past the event has centered around a thing known as a "Boar
Hunt", basically a glorified game of tag that gets everyone involved,
instead of just sitting around watching the fighters and fencers whack at
each other.  This year, due to site constraints, we aren't able to have the
Boar Hunt, our major drawing card to this out-of-the-way little part of the
Midrealm.  The new site does, however, lend itself well to holding several
classes and exhibits.  These types of events, generally, are as boring as
dirt and nobody that isn't fairly local bothers to come so far out of the
way unless there's something extra-special.

You folks are extraordinarily "extra-special".  Would anyone like to come
to Southern Illinois and have an "Un--Knowne World Herbal" gathering?  It's
absolutely GLORIOUS here in the Fall, people pay loads of money to tour
through here just to see the leaves and forests).  It will be the last
weekend of October (26, 27, 28).

The site has a mini-hotel / dormitory with comfy beds, showers, indoor
plumbing, carpeting, the works.  Also room enough for many pavilions, if
you would rather camp it.  Nights get down to the mid-40's(F), daytime
highs can be as much as 80(F), it has only rained 2 days in the month of
October in the last 7 years in this area.  If you come to teach or exhibit,
I will feed you gratis (I'm the cook), supper, breakfast, lunch,
supper(feast), and breakfast..  Site fee only, and that's gonna be $10 for
the weekend, looks like.

We're of course going to have a tourney of some sort, probably a Passage of
Arms.  Also fencing and archery, for to keep the martially inclined happy.

--
Eoin Caimbeul