[Herbalist] Re: Bug Controll

Christina Nordloh octas at mmcable.com
Fri Jun 22 20:12:06 PDT 2001

Really!!  Wow - that sounds great - I LOVE ladybugs.  Those little bugs I
was talking about are deffinatly aphids and they are working on infesting my
coriander seeds - they came from the wierd fly attracting white flower bush
that I inherited with the house - and they are spreading.  I will give it a
try.  Does any local hardware store carry ladybugs - or where should I look
to find them?

The catipillars are orange, white and black with small spikes protruding
from their body.  I've never seen them before - but then again I'm from
Colorado and moving to Oklahoma has been one new experience after another!!

The reason I wanted a more natrual (non-chemical) manner of killing the
pests (aka unwanted bugs - I don't mind the rolly pollys and spiders) was
because I have a ten month old son and prefer to keep chemicals away from
him and the things he eats.  I tried the garlic spray - the aphids laughed
at me, although the rest of the bugs seem to have left the area as far as I
can tell.  I seemed to have missed the message mentioning a similar spray
with dishsoap added - would who sent it  mind resending that one?

Christina N.