[Herbalist] Plant identification?

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Tue Jun 26 00:22:44 PDT 2001

I have a plant that is growing all over my back yard.   It is very sticky,
has a strong medicinal smell  - reminds me of vicks or camphor or something
like that.    The leaves are mostly alternating, but some seem to be in
pairs.
the leaves feel fuzzy.  The leaves are with out stalks, and are smooth at
the top, but at the base are two very small lobes - Does this ring a bell
with anyone?    I would like to find out what it is....It smells good, and
especially when the leaves are crushed, smelling it seems to clear the
sinuses a bit...

Melandra