[Herbalist] Plant identification?

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Tue Jun 26 09:59:31 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sue Rogers" <wjwakefield at juno.com>

> Would you please let us know what part of the world you live in?

Arkansas

are the
> plants growing in sun or shade, dry or wet area?

yes - actually - sun, and partial shade.   Not real wet - most of them are
in my "garden" (not planted this year), and outside the fence outside of my
house

how tall?

last year some of them got to 2 - 3 foot tall by the end of summer - at the
moment they are around 1 to 1 1/2 or so.

Are there any flowers?

not at the moment - there will be later, but I don't recall what they look
like - small -

Can you tell us more about the shape of the leaves?

narrow, pointed, smooth edges at the tip, two small lobes at the base.

Is the
> sticky like thorns, burrs, sugary, resinous, greasy?

sticky like resin - smelling the bruised leaves seems to have a sinus
clearing effect - the smell reminds me a little of vicks vapor rub or
camphor or something along those lines

So far, I haven't found anything that looks like it in my plant books, but
that doesn't mean anything - I'm really just starting my search....I thought
if people had some ideas, I could go straight to those pictures and see if
they matched....

Melandra