[Herbalist] basil tree

foxryde foxryde at foxryde.com
Wed Jun 27 13:15:26 PDT 2001

Greetings, Gentle Cousins,

Bad news, I am afraid.

There is a disease that is not well known that is spreading through basil.
It comes in on the seed and lies dormant for a while.  It does kill the
plant. It also infests soil.  I can't remember the name of the
disease/fungus right now.

You can't know if your plant is infected.

Myspacebarisdyingandthisisgettingtoofrustratingtotypeanymore.Sorry.

Takecare,
Leonora

>Message: 1
>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:14:49 -0500
>To: herbalist at ansteorra.org
>From: "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei at uiuc.edu>
>Subject: [Herbalist] strong basil
>
>--
>Has anyone else ever had a basil plant begin to turn woody at the
>base?  Mine is beginning to look like a small tree.
>
>Despina

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.
Then, it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their
weapons."
~ Cheyenne Proverb