HERB - OP: Kava & Valerian for pets question (fwD)

Alicia Whitecotton hemophelia at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:47:30 PST 2001

You should probably be really careful about giving a pet any kind of
depressant.  Last summer when my mother moved eight hours away, she asked
the veterarian how to make the trip more bearable with three cats in the
car. The vet recommended giving the cats a mild sedative, but cautioned that
all pets react differently to dosages (even including cats that are the same
size and weight), and that it is possible to fatally harm your animal
accidently by giving them just a little too much.

Helene Q