HERB - my pennsic class proposal

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 20:02:18 PDT 2001

>  I thought perhaps
> to teach a class on herbal first aid, first comfort, and cosmetic things
> in period manuscripts to which I have access.

> If you were taking a class in this topic, what would *you* like to see?

To name a few:  Lotions for the skin.  Non-poisonous period cosmetics.  Detailed
instructions on the period way to perfume the skin, the gloves, the jerkin, etc
and where to get the ingredients in this day and age.  Period medicinal cordials
- and if they work.  Herbal remedies for bruises, headaches, etc -both the pros
and cons.  How to make a tussie-mussie, and why people carried them.

-Magdalena