HERB - my pennsic class proposal

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Tue May 1 16:37:49 PDT 2001

After much hemming and pushing from friends, I decided to submit an herb
proposal to the fray of class esbeing taught at Pennsic this year. I don't
know if the class will be accepted. I certainly hope so, but as today is,
I believe, the printing deadline (the class deadline on the submission page
say the 15th of May, the class deadline on the main page says the 1st, a
possible source of confusion for people) I figured I'd better get my behind
in gear and actually decide what to propose.

So, rather than teach some of the same old stuff I've been teaching,
useful classes to be sure by my students' comments, I thought perhaps
to teach a class on herbal first aid, first comfort, and cosmetic things
in period manuscripts to which I have access.

Now presuming the class is even accepted, I'd like to get a head start on
finding out what people would like to learn in the class. I have baronial and
royal responsibilities this year that I've got to attend to and the more
advance planning I can do, the better off I'll be. If you were taking a class
in this topic, what would *you* like to see?

Iasmin

PS: I also proposed a class on beginner's documentation for the timid. :)