[Herbalist] Re: HERB - my pennsic class proposal

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Thu May 3 04:53:19 PDT 2001

Magedlena wrote:

>Now, you _said_ you wanted to cover "herbal first aid, first comfort, and
>cosmetic things."  ;>  I just tried to list a few things from each that I'd
>enjoy seeing.  ;>

No no! Really it was a great list! I'm genuinely interested in those
things that
people want to see taught. My interests, admittedly, tend toward those in the
medicine field. But there's that sticky wicket of not treating people with our
research, so I think first aid and first comfort items are where I'll be headed
because that is my passion. Cosmetics not so much, but also possible as an
inclusion simply because they are so very near treatments for "medical
conditions." For example "red spots of the face" can be treated herbally. I'd
venture that's about as close as we'll get to medieval acne treatments as
anything.

It sounds to me so far that people are really interested in learning how to
make some of these things and what other uses these things can have, or
possibly even how making a one thing can be extended into knowing how to
make another. That means more like a hands-on class to me. Didn't someone
teach a class last year at War on the different kinds of medieval preps you
could do? Like, what a tissane, poultice, balm, tea, etc. were? Raisya was
that you?

Iasmin