[Herbalist] Re: HERB - my pennsic class proposal

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu May 3 15:20:57 PDT 2001

> It sounds to me so far that people are really interested in
> learning how to
> make some of these things and what other uses these things can have, or
> possibly even how making a one thing can be extended into knowing how to
> make another. That means more like a hands-on class to me. Didn't someone
> teach a class last year at War on the different kinds of medieval
> preps you
> could do? Like, what a tissane, poultice, balm, tea, etc. were? Raisya was
> that you?
>
> Iasmin

	A-ha!  I found it!  Now I understand why this question was relevant.  To
tell the truth, I had so many folks come to the class last year, that I made
it a lecture/show&tell class instead of hands-on.  I have taught it as a
hands on before, but 12 people is about the limit for that.  I had over 50
show up last year, and am not inclined to limit it for this year, either.  I
did demonstrate how to create a still for small batches of herbs, and
explained how various preparations are made, but the messy class will have
to be reserved for smaller events.  If anyone is interested in learning more
about what is covered, I can post more details later.
Christianna