[Herbalist] REQ: bruise juice recipie or similar tintures orremidies.

Tina Bean tbean at one.net.au
Sun May 20 10:38:00 PDT 2001

I have very rarely found that my herbs cook. I have also found that sitting
them in the sun does no damage to these particular herbs or the oil. If you
used a less steady oil such as Avacado you would of course get your oil
going off. But in the case of this particular bruise ointment both the oil
and the herbs do not have any adverse effect when placed in sun. However if
the days turn miserable and it is cloudy for a long period of time then you
can get the herbs going off.
I don't heat the herbs with any artificail heat source such as a low oven
etc because the active principal of the herbs can be denatured. So although
you have a lovely oil it is a lot less effective then just sitting outside
on a warm day.
For some herbs sunlight can have the same effect. One of the ways to get
around this is to wrap coloured cellophane around the glass that you have in
the sun. This will stop the herbs from sufering damage from the sun. I would
suggest that if you are unaware of what the sun will do to your herbs that
you do this just to be sure.
Caristiona