[Herbalist] burns part 01

L & M Romanowski leanner at mich.com
Tue May 22 13:06:28 PDT 2001

Great advice Iasmine...if it is severe see a doctor first.  Always take young
children and the elderly in for medical help if burned also.

When I was a teenager, I managed to scald my leg with a overturned pot of boiling
tomatoes that I was stewing.  I was wearing shorts and sandals at the time and the
burn extended from the bottom of the hem of my shorts to past my knee and on to
the top of my foot.  I lost of couple layers of skin quickly.  I figured that I
was never going to be able to wear shorts again :)  I am fair skinned and scar
easily.

At the emergency room, the nurse gave me an antibiotic cream and then suggested
that I rub vitamin E oil on the area a couple of times a day.  To my surprise, the
burn completely healed up with hardly any trace.  I have also used fresh aloe vera
juice on minor burns to help relieve pain.

I should add that the American Red Cross does not recommend putting anything on a
burn but cool (not cold) water.  They seem to be concerned about possible
infection and having to clean burned areas if they require further medical
treatment.

Alana