[Herbalist] burns

Linda Lighfoot alanadarkfire at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 06:39:09 PDT 2001

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:08:46 -0500
> To: herbalist at ansteorra.org
> From: "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei at uiuc.edu>
> Subject: [Herbalist] well, I did it.....
>
> --
>
> I grabbed a jellyroll pan that was hot.  I *heard*
> my hand sizzle. I
> dropped the pan and ran to the sink and the cold
> water.  It blistered
> immediately.  I picked up a new prescription salve
> about an hour later from
> the doc.  It still hurts horribly and typing is an
> adventure.
>
> any advice other than keep with the prescription
> salve?  I'll probably
> begin to use a little vitamin e or lavender
> additionally in a couple of
> weeks, after the majority of the pain and blistering
> and such have passed.
>
> Despina de la Klutz
>
> Iasmine, if you could mail me privately with any
> advice, I would appreciate
> that as well.
>
> --

Gretings,
Both my hisband and I received burns after bumping
against the _very_ hot exhaust manifods of a gaden
tiller & a lawn mower. Mine wasn't as severe, but my
huband's was on the back of his hand & wrist. Once the
healing had started, he experimented with emu oil. It
_really_ works on new/scarring tissues to aid in
fexibility. It also works as a carrier agent like
DMSO, moving topical medicines in through the skin, so
be careful. I've seen it in belnds with joint
medinces.
I also use it on older surgical scars and they seem to
be fading and giving me fewer problems.
Search the Web for emu oil - one brand is Johnson's
emu oil.

Siobhan