[Herbalist] Black Walnut redux

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 5 12:23:20 PST 2001

My apologies for coming back to this subject, but my lord has just acquired
a largish box of black walnut hulls, which he wants to make black leather
dye out of.  I should have been paying attention to the wonderful
information that was being dispensed here, but since I didn't, can someone
who saved most of it please copy me directly so as not to re-clutter the
list with it?
Our most pressing need is to know how to process the hulls themselves, which
we just discovered are a breeding ground for maggots (in the back of my
truck) :P
Thank you,
Mistress Christianna
kingstaste at mindspring.com