[Herbalist] Iasmin's Current 4 Favorite Balm Recipes

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Fri Oct 5 10:44:19 PDT 2001

> I'd like to second this strongly.  My company compiles databases of
> dietary supplements for both humans and pets.  We're constantly in
> contact with some of the top vet and human medical researchers and docs
> in the country.  Offhand, I don't know of many good-for-animals,
> poisonous-for-people things, but I know lots that go the other way.

Most of the things I used to know that were good for animals and not
people were things that wild animals and birds could eat (birds especially
seem to be able to consume a wide variety of berries that are very bad for
humans).

In grad school I had to read Gary Paulsen's _Hatchet_. At one point a
young boy lost in the wilderness decides certain berries must be safe to
eat because the birds are eating them. My Children's Lit class was
subjected to a spirited discussion on how bad this was to have in a kid's
book.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"Let's by all means grieve together. But let's not be stupid together. A
few shreds of historical awareness might help us understand what has just
happened, and what may continue to happen." - Susan Sontag, The New Yorker