[Herbalist] dragons

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Fri Oct 26 20:35:22 PDT 2001

I can't tell what plant he is talking about.  It appears to be a member
of the Arum or lily family, but offhand I can't think of what it might
be.  Anyone else?

Dragonsblood is the resin of Demomorops draco or any of several other
species of tree, growing primarily in Sumatra.  The resin appears on the
outside of the ripe berries.  This from Mrs. Grieve's Modern Herbal.

Suzanna, herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra (Dallas,
TX)