[Herbalist] Re: OT - Miss Manners

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:55:56 PDT 2001

And then there was the time when I tried to be kind about a newbie's first
bodice.  (Not her first garb -- just an attempt at a bodice.)  It had
princess seams, no boning, high v-neck, and fit extremely loose.  The straps
were arranged to hide her bra-straps.

I knew just how new she was, so I was kind -- complemented the seamwork &
trim, etc.  (They were well done!)

Of course, she could never understand how I found a bodice comfortable... or
why we joked in my household about them being "the ultimate sports bra".

Eventually, I found out that she WAS interested in making it more period...
and helped her design & fit one that actually "worked"!  :)  Of course, I
then had to teach her how to lace it "so I don't look like a trollop
spilling out the top".  Apparently, that's one of the reasons she had
originally designed hers the way she had!