[Herbalist] Monthly visitor

HL Fridhur Haralds ladyfridr at prodigy.net
Tue Apr 16 15:20:17 PDT 2002

Sioned -

This isn't exactly herbalism although it's plant derived.  I use an
aromatherapy remedy that is a "Painful Period" blend.  This is the formula:

basil - 10 drops
clary sage - 15 drops
eucalyptus - 10 drops
peppermint - 10 drops

Combine the oils in a small bottle.  They will blend synergistically.  Use
one or two drops in the palm of your hand and massage into your abdomen and
lower back if you're bothered by cramps there.  You may want to test for
sensitivity to the oils.  You can also mix the oils in a carrier oil -
almond oil, grapeseed oil, etc.  You can also use a few drops in your
bathwater.  The peppermint and eucalyptus oils are very cooling.  Clary Sage
is a traditional oil for women.  DO NOT USE IF YOU SUSPECT YOU ARE PREGNANT!

It has a very refreshing, somewhat medicinal smell.  I tend to associate the
smell with the pain relief it brings - probably something psychological in
there as well.  Easy to tuck into your basket at events.  I hope this is
helpful to you.

Fridr
Ansteorra