[Herbalist] RE: Monthly visitor

Elizabeta of Rundel rundel_seneschal at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 16:32:19 PDT 2002

hmmm not to intentionally contradict anyone here, when
i found out I was pregnant with my son, I immediately
searched my herbal books for information on herbs to
assist with pregnancy... when 2 of the 4 that I
checked contraindicated red raspberry and the other 2
recommended it, I contacted a friend who is a
certified herbalist and nutritionist.  Her response
was that for most women, SMALL doses of red raspberry
are helpful, at the amount of no more than 1 cup of
tea a week...  for women with problem pregnancies or
past history of problem pregnancies, it should be
completely avoided.  The most common time I saw it
recommended for was the last month or so before
delivery, to help tone the uterus for labor and ease
labor pains.  I have a history of a miscarriage and a
difficult pregnancy with my oldest son, so I avoided
the herb, although I now use it for PMS.

=====
In Service to the Dream,

Lady Elizabeta
Seneschal of Rundel
Minister of Children for Margrave/Vormund