[Herbalist] Re: Raspberry Leaf Bad?

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:44:03 PDT 2002

I have heard of red raspberry leaf for years as a "uterine tonic", and of
its use during pregnancy to "strenghten the uterus", making delivery easier.

I have also read (let me go find my source info) that the way it
"strenghtens the uterus" is by causing mild muscular contractions... Kind of
the oposite of Magdelena's source, (below).

I know that when I miscarried in '99, I was very glad afterwards that I had
not taken any.  (I would have forever blamed the miscarriage on the herb --
and on my taking it.)

--Katherine