[Herbalist] Glass Bottles in Period

Corwyn and Carowyn silveroak at juno.com
Mon Apr 22 14:40:43 PDT 2002

Greetings to the Lists!

Over the weekend, I was introduced to a site that shows an Arab
apothecary shop.  There are glass bottles in the background!  Also, I saw
some glass bottles from the Syria region, and another book that I was
perusing this past weekend (Medieval England by Colin Platt, ISBN
0-684-15880-9) shows various glass works in England in the 14 and 15
century.  So, I'll assume that glass bottles were prevalent in the Middle
East, and were working their way north and west!  As a glass bead maker,
I can tell you that it's really very easy to make bottles if you have the
kit to make beads.  So, wherever there were glass beads, the possibility
of having glass bottles could be!

Here's the site for the apothecary:  http://games.rengeekcentral.com/

Look for the one that says "in an apothecary shop".  Cool!
-Caro