[Herbalist] RE: Herbalist digest, Vol 1 #220 - 1 msg

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Mon Aug 12 06:10:27 PDT 2002

Sigh..
There go all the wonderful "native" English herbs - they were shipped to England from the Mediterranean & Middle East.  According to that logic, we should send them back to their native lands, instead of mucking up our native soil with their bad influences.  (But I *like* my rosemary & creeping thyme, shaded by the banana tree!)

Migration of species has been happening for centuries.  Some good, some bad, but it happens.  We humans are probably the most common carrier.  Then we curse our own actions.

Food for thought: Did you know even fireants have an ecological purpose in life?  If you have them in your yard, you won't have any snakes!  (If this doesn't seem inspiring - ask an Ansteorran...)

--Wyllow McMuireadhaigh, who's waiting for it to cool down enough to go outside & see what survived.