[Herbalist] Re: Rice & Flax & Corn Pads

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Wed Aug 21 09:06:52 PDT 2002

Has anyone tried wrapping one of these in something like tinfoil, and putting near a fire before bedtime at an event, to help warm up the sleeping bags?

Audette

Corwyn and Carowyn <silveroak at juno.com> said:
:
:Greetings!
:
:>I liked the flax seed idea that somebody gave.  I'll have to try that
:>one.
:
:If there's any smell, it's kinda like honey.  It works great with other
:herbs (at least, in my experience!)
:
:I'm going to try the rice bags today & pop them in the fridge.  Sounds
:like a great cold pack for these steamy days!
:
:On corn: it doesn't pop.  Not unless your house burns down (Heaven
:forbid!!!).  Popcorn is a special variety with thin walls, so that the
:corn can pop.  Cow corn (or wildlife corn) has much, much thicker walls -
:it won't pop, unless under extreme heat.  Great for heating pads for
:nighttime sleep.
:
:-Caro
:
:
:GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
:Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
:Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
:http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
:Herbalist mailing list
:Herbalist at ansteorra.org