[Herbalist] Re: Rice & Flax & Corn Pads

Corwyn and Carowyn silveroak at juno.com
Wed Aug 21 09:00:26 PDT 2002

Greetings!

>I liked the flax seed idea that somebody gave.  I'll have to try that
>one.

If there's any smell, it's kinda like honey.  It works great with other
herbs (at least, in my experience!)

I'm going to try the rice bags today & pop them in the fridge.  Sounds
like a great cold pack for these steamy days!

On corn: it doesn't pop.  Not unless your house burns down (Heaven
forbid!!!).  Popcorn is a special variety with thin walls, so that the
corn can pop.  Cow corn (or wildlife corn) has much, much thicker walls -
it won't pop, unless under extreme heat.  Great for heating pads for
nighttime sleep.

-Caro