[Herbalist] Directions needed please

Tara Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Tue Aug 20 14:18:40 PDT 2002

Mary Temple wrote:

> My heating pad is a cotton flannel bag (6"x23") full of deer corn.
> It's so
> great my husband and I fight over it! (So now I'm making more). We
> microwave
> it for about 2 1/2 minutes, and that may be a little on the warm side,
> but
> the heat dissipates slowly over a couple of hours. Because the corn is
> free
> inside the bag, it's very malleable.
>
> I've also heard of people using rice, but haven't tried it yet.

I've used rice.  I find that it has a funny smell when you heat it up.
 I'm told that if you use it regularly, the smell eventually goes away.
 It's not that bad, but it smells *really* icky when combined with the
odor of herbs, so if you use rice use it alone.

I liked the flax seed idea that somebody gave.  I'll have to try that one.

-Magdalena