[Herbalist] Re: Rice & Flax & Corn Pads

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Thu Aug 22 09:15:19 PDT 2002

Oh!  Very tempting... :)

Of course, it's not really going to be cold enough here to need a sleeping bag warmer for a few months yet...

Maybe it ought to wait a bit yet.  I'll remember the offer though, it's really appreciated.

Audette

Mary Temple <noxcat at hotmail.com> said:
:Audette -
:
:I got plenty of deer corn. I'd be happy to donate a bag of it to an
:experiment. :)
:
:Mary/Katerine
:
:>What do you stuff yours with?  Rice?  Deer corn?  Something else?  (It
:>might affect it, I'm not sure...)
:>
:>Thanks!
:>
:>Audette
:>
:>
:>Elizabeth Anderson <anderliz at yahoo.com> said:
:>:I usually make mine with a white side and a black
:>:side.  I leave it out in the sun (on tin foil if you
:>:want to magnify the effect)and let it heat through the
:>:day. By the time the end of the day comes around it is
:>:nice and warm. Double bag it and put it in a cooler
:>:under ice to keep it cool.
:>:Liz
:>:--- Audette des Grenouilles <audette at sapheron.org>
:>:wrote:
:>:> Has anyone tried wrapping one of these in something
:>:> like tinfoil, and putting near a fire before bedtime
:>:> at an event, to help warm up the sleeping bags?
:>:>
:>:> Audette
:>:>
:>:>
:>:> Corwyn and Carowyn <silveroak at juno.com> said:
:>:> :
:>:> :Greetings!
:>:> :
:>:> :>I liked the flax seed idea that somebody gave.
:>:> I'll have to try that
:>:> :>one.
:>:> :
:>:> :If there's any smell, it's kinda like honey.  It
:>:> works great with other
:>:> :herbs (at least, in my experience!)
:>:> :
:>:> :I'm going to try the rice bags today & pop them in
:>:> the fridge.  Sounds
:>:> :like a great cold pack for these steamy days!
:>:> :
:>:> :On corn: it doesn't pop.  Not unless your house
:>:> burns down (Heaven
:>:> :forbid!!!).  Popcorn is a special variety with thin
:>:> walls, so that the
:>:> :corn can pop.  Cow corn (or wildlife corn) has
:>:> much, much thicker walls -
:>:> :it won't pop, unless under extreme heat.  Great for
:>:> heating pads for
:>:> :nighttime sleep.
:>:> :
:>:> :-Caro
:>:> :
:>:> :
:>:>
:>::________________________________________________________________
:>:> :GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
:>:> :Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for
:>:> less!
:>:> :Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
:>:> :http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
:>:> :_______________________________________________
:>:> :Herbalist mailing list
:>:> :Herbalist at ansteorra.org
:>:> _______________________________________________
:>:> Herbalist mailing list
:>:> Herbalist at ansteorra.org
:>:
:>:
:>:__________________________________________________
:>:Do You Yahoo!?
:>:HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
:>:http://www.hotjobs.com
:>:_______________________________________________
:>:Herbalist mailing list
:>:Herbalist at ansteorra.org
:>_______________________________________________
:>Herbalist mailing list
:>Herbalist at ansteorra.org
:
:
:
:
:Join the world?s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
:http://www.hotmail.com
:
:Herbalist mailing list
:Herbalist at ansteorra.org