[Herbalist] Re: Rice & Flax & Corn Pads

Elizabeth Anderson anderliz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 09:44:13 PDT 2002

I use flax seeds in mine. The food co-op here in
Knoxville, TN has the organic flax seeds for 75 cents
a pound.  Note: don't get them wet or you will get a
period hair gel oozing out of your bag (; ). They work
really well in the microwave and in a zippy bag in the
freezer. I have mixed in lavender and peppermint or
crushed cloves and cinnamon.  I can't smell the flax
on it's own, but I use a sented detergent and fabric
softener when I wash the fabric that I use for the
neck pillow, so that may be covering any light smell.
I also have tried one for a back heating pad that was
a long rectangle of fabric that has channels sewn into
it for the flax seeds, it doesn't stay hot as long but
it feels wonderful to lay down on after a long day.
Thanks,
Liz