[Herbalist] Herbal Remedy Help?

Wes Will wwill at globaleyes.net
Mon Dec 2 15:06:34 PST 2002

At 08:14 PM 12/1/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings!

Salutations.

>A co-worker asked me about anything that might help heal a cyst that
>repeatedly appears on her skin.  It grows, itches, she scratches it,

Upon what body part?  Limb, or head?

Is it flattish, not thickly protruberant, round or oval in shape, with a
sort of raised, crusty edge after it starts itching and oozing?  Any
exfoliation of the area in the vicinity of the site, either before or
during this period?

Cyst, or fungal infection... One on my right foot, one on my scalp.

It's a nasty that I got 20-odd years ago in southeast Asia somewhere, quite
similar-sounding in regards the itching and oozing.  Internal anti-fungals
(excruciatingly expensive, very toxic, NOT recommended!) knocked it down
enough that topicals such as ketoconazole and chloroxine can keep it
somewhat under control, if I switch off which sort I use every few months.
Had one excised, it moved over half an inch and kept going.  Seemed even
"healthier" for the new scenery.  The one on my foot has been mostly
dormant for quite awhile now, knock on wood.  It was so bad that I maimed
myself once after going outside bare-foot, on concrete.  I sort of  "came
to" in a puddle of blood from grinding it into the stone sidewalk, to stop
the itch.

I'm also interested in anything that might prove efficacious for this, or
if anyone knows of any anti-fungals that aren't so toxic as to be more
dangerous than the ailment.  It would be nice to not look like a snowstorm
from the scaling, and if it quit itching I would be forever beholden.

--
Eoin Caimbeul