[Herbalist] Herbal Remedy Help?

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 19:14:18 PST 2002

>I'm also interested in anything that might prove efficacious for this,
>or if anyone knows of any anti-fungals that aren't so toxic as to be
>more dangerous than the ailment.  It would be nice to not look like a
>snowstorm from the scaling, and if it quit itching I would be forever
>beholden.
>
>--
>Eoin Caimbeul

I don't know if this will help something as extreme as yours, BUT...

A week or two ago, I was talking with a friend when I spotted a round,
red-spot on his elbow that almost looked like a cigarette burn.

"What's that?  Lemme see..."

~pained look~ "Um, I was hoping you wouldn't notice..."

"Looks like ringworm."  (I have no idea where I pulled that knowledge from,
but a bit of research proved it DID look like ringworm.  Which, by the way,
is a fungal infection -- not a parasite.)

Since he had no insurance, he asked me what he could do.  I hit my books,
and all the herbal treatments I found were topical.  The easiest was rubbing
fresh garlic on the site.  Plantain (the wayside herb, not the bannana),
walnut, and a few other things were also recommended.

His ringworm had started around the hairline and was spreading.  It stopped
spreading immediately and was gone in a few days.

--Katherine Blackthorne