[Herbalist] cooked recipe

foxryde foxryde at foxryde.com
Wed Dec 25 09:18:30 PST 2002

--

Personally, I'd infuse (cook) the herbs first without the beeswax.  Then
strain (and cheese cloth works fine with this - just use it to line a metal
mesh style strainer) - you can even squeeze the ball after it has cooled a
bit.

Then melt the beeswax in a separate container - use a double boiler until
you learn how to control it.  Then re-warm the herb infusion and add the
wax slowly so it doesn't turn into a big ball again.  Or you can "temper"
it like you do with eggs and hot liquids by adding a bit of the warm oil to
the beeswax and stirring until melted then adding to the infused oil.

I hate straining a beeswax balm - too much waste and too hot.

Sounds like a good recipe to me!  You can use the infused oils without the
beeswax as well as a massage oil or in the bath.  It's great!

All the best,
Leonora

Fox Ryde Gardens - Handmade herbal products for bath, body, & spirit
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

If you can't be a good example, then  you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.
  -Catherine Aird
--

---