[Herbalist] invasive climbing ivy

audette@sapheron.org audette at sapheron.org
Wed Jul 24 08:38:03 PDT 2002

wow... fast response... :)

I want some screening-type plants, so the houses behind mine won't be
able to see right into my yard/house.  I was thinking trees of some
kind, as I should be able to find something that will grow high enough
and poofy enough to block their view, while also providing me with some
shade (and maybe fruit - I'd like fruit trees, if I could do that...).

I am looking for lower maintenance, as I've never had to care for a yard
before, and though I like to pretend I have an idea what kind of work is
needed, I probably don't.  *grin*

I'd prefer not to attract critters, and I don't intend to have any pets
of my own, either.

I'm _definately putting in an herb garden.  That much I know. :)
(though, I haven't completely decided what herbs...)

I'm big on a yard being useful, so some veggies would be good.  I love
carrots, though I don't know how well they grow down here...

That's the other thing, I moved to Ansteorra from a northern climate
last summer, and still have a strange concept of what kind of plants can
be/should be grown...)

I have hopes of putting in a firepit, but I need to learn what the
legalities are on that - I might not be allowed to.  I don't have a clue
where to find out, though.

I wonder if there is anywhere I could take a gardening class, as well,
as I know there is so much I need to learn. :)

Audette

Aurore <Aurore at hot.rr.com> said:
:OOOHHHHH A FRESH CANVAS TO PLAY WITH!!!!!
:First question is to ask what do you want?
:Low-maintainence
:Wildlife Attractions
:Entainment
:Vegetable
:Decorative
:Trees
:My future plans was to become a landscape architect.  Just some thoughts.
:Aurore