[Herbalist] Lemon balm and our news

foxryde foxryde at foxryde.com
Tue Jun 11 15:39:52 PDT 2002

--
Greetings, All,

It's been an age since I've posted.  Deotrich and I became Baron and
Baroness of our local group (Unser Hafen - Greely, Fort Collins, Loveland,
Estes Park Colorado).  It's a big group geographically but a fun one with
great people.  We have been having a great time, but are too too busy.  I
have also been working with a bunch of great farmers and restaurants
setting up a distribution system so the local growers can pool and sell
their produce and herbs directly to the chefs.  It is going well, if a lot
of work.  I work for commission on the sales, so there is always some
selling to do!  It also means that I lot of the unproductive parts of the
garden are constantly being ripped up and wonderful culinary herbs being
planted.  I love getting up and harvesting pounds of herbs and knowing that
this evening happy people will be eating them in delicious dishes.

I love lemon balm as a pesto for fish and chicken.  Grind it up with a bit
of walnut oil, walnuts (or almond oil and almonds) salt, pepper, and
Parmesan cheese.  Oh man, I am drooling just thinking about it.  :-)

I also infuse it in my lip balm and it works wonders on cold sores.  Drink
a third of a cup 3 times a day of the tea to fight any viral infection
(Commission E Germany says so)

I have a very wonderful variegated lemon balm that is hardy and happy.  It
just makes me smile.  I have it nestled in with some variegated sage,
valerian, echinacea, and honeydew sage.  It is quite lovely.

All the best,
Baroness Leonora
Unser Hafen
Outlands

At 12:03 PM 6/11/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:23:31 -0400
>From: Corwyn and Carowyn <silveroak at juno.com>
>Subject: [Herbalist] Lemon Balm and Other Silliness
>

>Greetings to the list!
>
>Okay, I'm foolish, and I don't seen to have the info anywhere - what good
>is lemon balm?  What can I do with it?  What *should* I do with it, and
>that includes cooking tips?
>
>Also, what herbal preps should I make to reduce swelling, and mitigate
>what's going to be a really good scar?  (Don't panic, those who know me -
>it's bad, but I'll live, and I'll tell you the story when I have a good
>stiff drink in me.....a Bing cherry milkshake should be just stiff
>enough....)
>
>-Caro the silly

Fox Ryde Gardens - Handmade herbal products for bath, body, & spirit
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

  Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                               -John Criton, FarScape
--

---