[Herbalist] scars

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Jun 12 10:38:26 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/12/2002 11:20:02 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
alanadarkfire at yahoo.com writes:

> Having had several major surgeries over the past 3-4
> years, I've ben looking at materials for
> fading/diminishing scars.

My husband made a salve which was intended to relieve pain and assist in
healing.  At about the time he finished it, I received several severe burns
on my hand and used it to great effect.  Not only did it relieve the pain and
speed the healing but there were no scars.  But the most surprising thing was
the fact that I had an old scar on that same hand from a childhood accident
and that scar disappeared too.

The salve was made from a clove infusion, comfrey root tincture, & beeswax.
The exact recipe is:

Comfrey & Clove Salve
    Beeswax (grated) 1 oz.
    Heat  in a brass pan over low heat until all has melted.
    Remove from heat. Place in a bowl and add:

    Clove Oil - ½ cup
    Comfrey Root Tincture - ¼ cup

    Mix these ingredients rapidly. using a wooden spoon, until there are no
lumps and the mixture takes on a smooth creamy appearance.  Set the mixture
aside until it has cooled completely.  Stir the cooled mixture again to
remove any remaining lumps.  Pour into jars for future use.

Hope this helps.

Constance de la Rose