[Herbalist] BASIL OIL

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Jun 27 07:00:08 PDT 2002

> So even if you use a commercial oil, like say an olive or safflower oil,
> and add an herb, it's dangerous? I would think that all commercial oils
> would be treated against botulism and other bad things already. Hmm.....

It's not the oil that's dangerous. It's possibility that there are
botulism spores on the _plant material_. Oils provide an anerobic
enviroment and are not acidic enough to kill the botulism spores.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"There's nothing like being really disastrously silly to draw your
attention to how silly you are..." -- Elizabeth Goudge