[Herbalist] scars

Una 'nyen Dougal una_ingen_dhoubhghail at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 10:39:39 PDT 2002

THe cautions re: synthetic E are interesting - do you
have alergic reation to the naturalstuff too?

I used a vitamin E salve I bought at a health/natural
foods store.I think it was a vegetarian/no-animal
ingredients product too. the salve (sorry,don't
remember what the name was) had clove extract in it &
I think that was all, maybe some calendula? Anyway, it
seems to have helped soften and take the discoloration
out of a hellacious scar on my leg from a car accident
5 yrs ago - I was told to expect to have this 6" long
1/2" wide _purple_ thing around my knee for life - but
now it is neither puckered nor purple - its not even
pink! So, maybe natural vitamin E would be something
to look into. P.S. the capsules I have tasted all
taste like fish oil - which I guess isone source for
vitamin E.

good luck,
Una