[Herbalist] Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

Tricia Emery jessimond at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 19:10:17 PDT 2002

I believe Pennyroyal is native to Australia, so it would not have been available in-period...but perhaps another such expulsion herb could have been used.  However, I agree that PSR&T are delicious for roasting a chicken!
My two cents,
Jessimond--
I haven't posted to the list before but wanted to reply to this message.
There are tons of herbs I know very little about, but I've been a member of
an herbal abortion list for a few years now and PSR&T are considered
abortificients because in combination with an expulsion herb such as
pennyroyal they can induce a miscarriage. (It is my understanding however
that PSR&T are uterine stimulants and such but do not actually kill the
embryo themselves.)

Aura