[Herbalist] Lavender trim

Lauri Murakami lauri.murakami at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 24 11:33:15 PDT 2002

I have been told not to prune lavender in the fall as it needs the
growth for protection from the weather.  I have always trimmed mine in
the early spring and I get a ton of flowers.

<snip>

So far I haven't gotten any responses.  I'm going to trim it tonight
because I can't bear the thought of a spring without it blooming.  If
I'm lucky, my husband will finish his PhD before fall next year and then
I wouldn't see any blooms (or at least not many) before moving if I
don't trim it now.

I know that Iasmine, who lives a bit north of me, had said that she was
going to trim her bush sometime soon.