[Herbalist] Herbal largess ideas sought!

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 00:08:18 PST 2002

In a message dated 10/28/2002 12:53:11 AM Mountain Standard Time,
foxryde at foxryde.com writes:

> Any other ideas?  What have you done with your groups?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Leonora

The best one I have done was finding some nice little balsa wood boxes on
sale at a craft store for 5 cents each, filling them with herbal tea mix and
putting a small muslin teabag in the top of each box.

That was a really nice looking packet but I have done the same by putting tea
and the muslin bag in a packet of clear giftwrap type paper and tying the top
with ribbon in baronial colors.  The teabags are easy to make, just take
muslin and cut into small rectangles, sew up three sides, sew down a top loop
and run a string through it.  The herbs I grow in my garden, though when I
have run short on occasion I have found that most natural foods stores have
mint leaves in large supply at low prices.  I usually stick with either a
mixture of mints or a mint/chamomille mix for the teas as they taste good and
don't seem to cause any bad reactions in anyone.

Another good largesse item is bath oils and bath salts.

Bath oils are easily made by getting almond oil (you can use almost any base
oil but almond oil gives the best base I have found not to mention that it is
period) and whatever essential oil you like.  Use about 15 drops of essential
oil to each cup of base oil.  Mix and put in a pretty bottle.

If you live near the ocean or an inland sea, you can make salt.  It's a fun
project that even a 6 year old can do and have fun doing.  Messy but totally
period.

Small bottles of sekanjabin and/or other herbal drink syrups based on
sekanjabin are also very easy to make with supplies on hand and always seem
to be appreciated.

(can you tell I've done an herbal largesse project or two?  These are the
easiest, if you want more detailed time intensive projects let me know)

Constance de la Rose