[Herbalist] Herbal largess ideas sought!

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 06:38:33 PST 2002

In a message dated 10/28/2002 7:28:51 AM Mountain Standard Time,
joycebre at sbcglobal.net writes:

> You can make salt? How? Please elaborate! How fun!
> (I'm assuming there's more to it than just getting a bucket of ocean water
> and letting it sit. ;-)
> --
> Gianetta

Yes, it is, but not a lot more.

Get your bucket of ocean water and bring it home.  Strain it through a
cheesecloth or muslin bag (jelly bags work well) to get rid of extraneous
"stuff".

Put it in a pot on the stove and boil it.  Skim off the green stuff that
rises to the top.  Let it boil until it is almost dry and makes a "popping"
sound.

Take it off the heat and let it cool.  Then spread the moist sandy stuff you
have left onto cookie sheets or any flat surface and let it dry the rest of
the way in the sun.

You have salt.

Constance