[Herbalist] Herbal largess ideas sought!

LadyPDC@aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 06:20:12 PST 2002

In a message dated 10/28/2002 6:37:51 AM Mountain Standard Time,
kkeeler at unlserve.unl.edu writes:

> I could be a great hit with something to go in an armor bag and improve the
> smell.  Does anyone have a recipe strong enough?

As a matter of fact, yes I do.  Or rather my husband does.

He made a salve using beeswax, olive oil, tincture of cloves, and oil of
comfrey root (decocted).  It is rather nice in the department of immediate
pain relief (from the clove tincture) and longer term healing (comfrey) of
fighter bruises, pinches, and general sore muscles.  (I have even found it
helps the arthritis like symptoms I get from some medications I have to
take).  It also smells strongly and very nice without smelling like perfume.
It is great in getting rid of that after battle "fighter pong" and the
fighters like it because it feels good and still smells "manly"  (from the
clove tincture).

I found that if I altered his recipe slightly (less olive oil, more beeswax)
I can hand mold it into small balls.  I put these in a netted drawstring bag
that I then attached to the inside top of his armor box.  It scents the box
very nicely and I can open the bag and pop out a ball when he needs one.
They warm up nicely in the hand and can then be rubbed on the body.  (course
he doesn't much mind an after fight back-rub either <g>) Thus both the
fighter and the box smell nicely.

Constance de la Rose