[Herbalist] Burdock Question

wjwakefield@juno.com wjwakefield at juno.com
Thu Oct 31 09:42:14 PST 2002

I use burdock root in several preparations.  It is a good cleanser and
detoxifier.  It is especially good at clearing up skin problems,
including psoriasis and eczema.  I use it in the salve I make for
external application for rashes, itches, etc.  It can also be taken
internally to clear out toxins and help the skin heal from the inside.

The picture in one of my books shows large heart shaped leaves, a very
prickly stem, and green burrs with pinky-purple bloomw coming out of the
burr things.

Suzanna, herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra (Dallas,
TX)